Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring and Reiki

Today was bliss.  Warm, sunny, did I mention warm!  It was 16C/64F! In March! There isn't a bit of snow left in our yard.  The only place I saw some was in the shade along the walking trail tonight.

Street hockey games and toboggans  made way for soccer balls, roller blades and bicycles today.  It was nice to see so many kids out in t-shirts, playing with each other without boots, parkas, hats and mitts on.  I walked tonight wearing a fleece shirt and light jacket.  I only wore the jacket for somewhere to stash my keys and iPod!  I can't remember a spring this early in my short life.  But I am fully prepared for the bliss to come to a screeching halt.  This is Thunder Bay afterall, and springs storms sometimes hit, and hit hard.  But I'm going to enjoy every minute of it while it is here.

I had a very - different, special, pleasant, - I'm not sure which adjective would best describe my experience on Thursday, if there was even 1 word to sum it all up.  I went for my first Reiki treatment.  It was warm, pleasant, relaxing, tingly, and very calming.  I have something going on with my nerves - according to the practitioner.  And yep, I can see that completely.  I have 2 more sessions this week.  The practitioner feels I am in a state of emergency right now.  And yep again, I can also see that.  It was quite the experience.  I haven't completely centered all of my feelings about the experience.  I think the next sessions will help me understand how I should feel.  It's a spiritual, well, comforting feeling but those words don't really begin to express it properly.

I had a good week.  Again.  And I'm really happy about that.  I walked 3 times - between 1.5 and 2 miles each time.  I made 2 loaves of bread today - sour dough and cinnamon raisin.  I went to yoga.  I worked lots.  I had an email from an old friend who I'm meeting up with for coffee next week.  It was a good week.

I wish all of you a painfree, good week too!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, never heard of Reiki before. What does it do? Is it like acupuncture? Perhaps I should google it instead of asking you all of these questions. Lol!

    Glad you had a good week. Let's hope for another! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cassandra,

    I'm excited to start the water fitness and hope I will be able to do it... I'm just mad I can't do all the stuff I want to do. You know how it goes, so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete