As the chairman for the Thunder Bay Canadian Chiari Association Walk Across Canada on September 7, 2014, I had the opportunity to be on tv on an information short after the evening news this week. Click here to watch.
Sunday September 7, 2014, will mark Thunder Bay's inaugural Walk Across Canada for Chiari Malformation. Walk Committee members have spent months getting ready for this family and pet friendly event. Registration begins at 11am at Chapples Park with the walk starting at 12 noon. Donations will be accepted for the Canadian Chiari Association. Light refreshments, entertainment, games, a silent auction table, attendance prizes and a presentation by the dog Demo Team from The Dog Classroom are all scheduled for after the walk. Adult sized t-shirts and pet bandanas will be available for purchase. We hope to have a good turn-out for this free event. Online donations can be made directly at the CCA's website. I will be on Around Town on Thursday August 21st for a short interview to promote the walk. Air times are 6:25pm and 11:25pm on Global and 11:30pm on CKPR.
There are a lot of new organizations, groups, websites, walks, awareness campaigns and friendships being built because of Chiari Malformation.
1. Canadian Chiari Association. CCA was founded in Whitby by an amazing lady named Janet Hussey. It all started with a group on Facebook - Chiari without Borders. And it has blossomed and continues to grow with Janet and her group's hard work. CCA's website
2. I have been appointed President of the Thunder Bay CCA chapter. We now have approximately 16 active members and our own FB group and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. TBCCA will be hosting it's first ever Chiari Walk Across Canada on Sunday September 7, 2014. It's been a lot of work by a lot of wonderful people! We hope to have as many as 100 people!
4. TBCCA meetings are held on a non-scheduled basis approximately every 4 to 6 weeks. We've met at coffee shops, restaurants, and member's homes. It is usually a lively group with discussions on everything life has to offer, including Chiari!
5. Sophie's a Chiari model!! She and Titan posed for Chiari Gear and look! The June promotion features our own Sophie-girl! I'm so very proud of her! Check out all there is to offer at Chiari Gear
I work very hard with Sophie at agility and in Demo group. I am very proud of her first performance on May 22nd. Yes, she ran straight to daddy when we started and my timing was off, but she did very well!
Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney
Life might not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we might as well dance.
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.