Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Thanksgiving


It's Thanksgiving, and it is GORGEOUS outside!!! The best Thanksgiving weather I've seen in YEARS!! Sorry, but getting excited about the weather is a must when it was 75F / 25C today!!  (And our usual temps are in the 50sF / 10C tops this time of year. And I've seen snow this time of year too!) So, yes, it's beautiful outside and I'm thankful!

For my side of the family, Sunday we are all converging at mum's with our homemade favourites to gorge ourselves on turkey and all the fixings.  The hubby's side is a smaller affair on Monday, but just as wonderful.  There is also have a bridal shower on Saturday night for hubby's side of the family.

Thanksgiving also means large game hunting (with guns) opens tomorrow.  Opening weekend is also known as Moose Widow Weekend.  Not that my husband is a hunter, (thank heavens) but I know plenty of wives and girlfriends who will be at the Canadian Male Strippers on Sunday night because their men are out in the bush chasing Bambi and Bullwinkle.  Me, I'll be on the couch with laptop in hand lap.  (Which FYI, sits on a stand on my lap, my skin is not getting burned as reported on every other news report this week!)  I'm thankful for my husband, whether or not he was a hunter, fisher, gatherer, didn't matter to me.  I love him.

I'm thankful to have made it through my posterior fossa decompression without any major complications!! HURRAY!!! I'm approaching 4 months post-op and still doing well.  I had the wickedest optical migraine yesterday, but it wasn't a Chiari headache, so HURRAY (yet again)!  With the exception of my on-going shoulder issues, I'm doing wonderful.  I feel like I have most of my life back.  And I'm feeling better than I can remember feeling in years, literally, years!!  

I'm most thankful for my family and few close friends.  Without them I wouldn't have made it through my difficult days, diagnosis and appointments.  They have been my rock, my shoulder to cry on, my heart-warming hug - even if only a cyber-hug, and my biggest supporters.  I couldn't ask for more from my family.  They may not always be breaking down the door to help, but when I need them, they're there in a heartbeat.  

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!!

Post Script:  Shoulder reassessment was this week.  Physio's evaluation - brachal plexus injury - which means neural damage (nerve) and no prospected return to work or normal activities in sight...  But I push through the exercises daily... and now have to reign myself in a bit - I've been a little overzealous with them...  My shoulder blade is out of place, and really, that sucks!! OUCH!! But my range of motion forward is improving, even if my abduction is still extremely limited.  13 days until I see the orthopaedic surgeon for the verdict!

No comments:

Post a Comment