Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Another week sails by

It was quite a week.  Busy, tired, but thankfully only headachey part of it.

Tuesday was a bizarre day.  I woke up without a headache  But my left arm was completely numb.  My face was numb too.  I went to work and was having trouble thinking and seeing and speaking clearly.  I get strange symptoms sometimes with a migraine, but not usually without.  I felt bad enough to call hubby and have him take me to the emerg.

I was in quickly, but the nurses and doctor were all insistent that I had a migraine with no pain. I told the dr. that I have Chiari; he'd heard of it but had to go and look it up when he looked up my June MRI.  The dr. said he didn't think Chiari caused numbness or vision disturbance or anything I was experiencing.  He said I had a migraine without the headache.  He had an iv put in (the poor student nurse!! she got the vein the first time, but I bled all over the place!) and they treated me with Maxeran.  He said it is similar to the Maxalt I take but when I looked up Maxeran it is for nausea moreso than the headache pain.  It's used with chemo patients to help them combat nausea.  Oh well.  I did feel better - at least my arm was not numb and I could focus better.  But I was extremely irritable. And got a headache from trying to lie on the gurney without a pillow...  Strange emergency ward - no pillows - ever!  At least we were in and out in 3 hours.  And slept good that night for a change.

The rest of the week went well.  I felt alright for the most part.  Some fatigue as always.  Some pressure headaches after carrying files at work.  I taught aquabics on Thursday - first class of the fall session.  I felt good to be back at the pool, but I was exhausted at the end.

Count down is on - 21 days to my TO trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment