Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

101 Things, Part Two

Shall I carry on??   

74.  I don’t eat beef, pork or dairy
73.  My favorite holiday is Halloween – you can be anything you want to be!
72.  The most influential person in my life was my grandma
71.  I went to a high school that had over 800 stairs, and the best cross-country and track teams because of it.
70.  My favorite drink is juice – Minute Maid punches, followed closely by peppermint tea with honey
69.  I don’t tolerate caffeine, hence the peppermint tea in 70
68.  I have driven across half of Canada – the Western half
67.  My husband and I were set-up by a mutual friend
66.  I love to read historical fiction – Colleen McCullough, Anne Rice are two of my favorites
65.  I love things ancient – Egyptian, Roman and Greek
64.  I visited the ruins in Rome and the outside of the Coliseum but everything was closed because it was a national holiday :P
63.  I stand 5’1” tall
62.  I was born during a heat wave and kept my mum up all night
61.  I intensely dislike the take off and landing while flying
60.  My husband does most of the heavy housework.  I do the cooking
59. If I could go anywhere in the world, no budget, no conflict, no terrorism – I’d go to Egypt and tour the pyramids of Giza, Luxor and the Temples of Carnak
58.  I love music.  All kinds of music – 30s and 40s, classic rock, current pop and rock, country, classical, broadway.  I don’t like jazz, hip hop or rap
57.  There are days when I can really relate to Eeyore
56.  I married my husband exactly 8 years to the day I met him
55.  I cannot grow house plants.  I can kill a cactus. 
54.  I took piano lessons for 5 years
53.  Instead of having a day-after party for our wedding my husband and I went riding on our motorcycles
52.  I believe chocolate should be it’s own food group
51.  I learned to write left-handed in high school when I chipped my elbow bone of my right arm
50.  I’m petrified of being sick to my stomach.  I cannot discuss it, I cannot hear others talk about it, watch it on tv including on Southpark.  And no, I don’t know how to get over it
49.  I am allergic to most man-made painkillers.  Give me morphine or see me suffer the side affects of most everything else
48.  My wedding ring is size 4 1/2, my pinky is under a 3. Yes, I have small hands
47.  I ran into a bird while driving 90 km (55 mph) on my motorcycle.  I did not stop to see how the sparrow was.  It hit me square in the forehead.  THANK HEAVENS for full face helmets!
46.  I have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).  During a flare in 2006 I lost over 40 lbs in 4 months because I couldn’t digest anything I was able to eat.  Great for the waist line, bad for my immune system.  Hence 74.
45.  Re: 81 – my orthopaedic surgeon for my 2 foot surgeries always knew there was something wrong with me more than he could diagnose.  Turns out he was right – Chiari!!  I should sent him a thank you card for not giving up on me (even if he didn’t lead me to the diagnosis)
44.  I’m learning to enjoy Christmas – I used to hate the holidays
43.  My grandparents were married for 60 years.  I can only dream my husband and I live long enough to enjoy the same
42.  I love to cook, but I’m always worried that what I make isn’t good, especially if I can’t test it because of ingredients I can’t consume due to 46
41.  My favorite artist is Michelangelo
40.  I screen my phone calls and have talking call display so if I’m not in the room my phone tells me who is calling
39.  I’m a huge arachnophobic.  That and 50 could put me in the mental ward.  If a spider is near I’ll grab the vacuum.  In my logic, they can't crawl back out the hose
38.  If I had to chose a time of day, it would be morning, I function my best and usually my pain is the least at that time
37.  I wear a size 5 US, 36 UK shoe
36.  I used be afraid of the dentist to the point I would be physically ill.  Now I have a new dentist and it is much less tramatic
35.  I love Angel, Bones, CSI and CSI New York.  I’ve seen every episode of all 4 shows and have most of the DVD box sets
34.  My favorite food would have to be chocolate.  Followed closely by anything made for Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner except turnips

I'm working on the rest!! Watch for it!  (If you're not already bored to tears that is!)

No comments:

Post a Comment