Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

101 Things, the Final Installment

I did it!! I'm done!! I actually came up with 101 things!!

33.  My favourite colours to wear – lavender, lilac, purples.  I can wear a different shade or purple every day for 2 weeks and not wear the same thing twice
32.  I had hair to my waist and cut 16” off in January 2008 and donated it to Wigs for Cancer.  The latest haircut before surgery wasn’t quite long enough to donate
31.  We bought our house 8 years ago and yes, it is still a work in progress.  If you don’t like it, too bad.  We live here, you don’t.  We’ll get the kitchen remodeled when 1. we can afford it and 2. when we can afford it!
30.  I am still good friends with a few people I’ve known since birth.  Yes, that’s 34 years.  In this day and age how many people our age can say that
29. If David Boreanaz and Robbie Williams both showed up at my door I’d be hard pressed to choose which one I would eat cookies in bed with
28.  My grandmother died on a Saturday in May.  A spring morning.  She closed her eyes and went to sleep.  She did not suffer in the end and for that I am grateful.  And I miss her every day
27.  I prefer to wear Birkenstock sandals over dress shoes.  Yes, even with suits to work.  Dress shoes squish my little feet
26.  I dislike the smell of leather but I have to wear it for riding my motorcycle.  It’s hot, heavy and my gloves turn my nails black
25.  I wear my fingernails long.  They look like acrylic fake nails, but they are all my own
24.  I wear out the keys on my keyboards at work because of 25
23.  I spelled the Canadian way – colour still has a U in it
22. I practice yoga, but I’m very novice at it and have to modify some poses to accommodate my bad shoulder and my head
21.  When I was three I tripped over a skipping rope and fell on my aunt and uncle’s concrete steps.  My front tooth went up, into the gum and later had to be pulled.  I had no front tooth until I was 11 or so
20.  I cannot sing, but I would love to be able to sing
19.  I have been t-boned, rear-ended, and backed-into; none of these accidents were my fault.  Skidding off the road, that one was my fault
18.  I would like a dog, but I don’t have time for a dog.  It would be unfair to leave the dog inside all day while I’m at work
17.  I love flowers.  I would love to have fresh flowers in my house all the time.  Wish somebody (hint hint hubby!) would buy me flowers
16.  I’m not a big drinker.  Between 46 and a low tolerance for alcohol I’m a cheap drunk who gets a tummy ache
15.  If I ever fulfill 18, I would love to own a Weimaraner
14.  I can’t stand most scented anything – candles, perfumes, incense, room sprays – cause mega headaches.  I can tolerate lavender, real cinnamon, and sometimes cranberry
13.  I’m beginning to realize it’s hard to come up with 101 things
12.  I dislike going without my toenails painted – I feel like my feet are naked
11.  My favorite movies are Memoirs of a Geisha and the 6 Star Wars movies
10.  My eyes are green most days, sometimes with some blue tossed in
9.  I am addicted to iPod apps – Tap Ranch and Froggy Jump
8.  I saw the Olympic torch pass through town for both the ’86 Calgary games and the ’10 Vancouver games.  I think it was cool to be a part of it
7.  Have I mentioned that I love chocolate
6.  I like things homemade or homegrown – bread, jams, vegetables, food in general
5.  I don’t like horror movies; I have nightmares after
4.  I drink soy and almond milk instead of cow
3.  If it is possible, I’m addicted to grocery shopping.  I love reading the flyers every week and going for what is on sale
2.  I don’t buy anything I can’t get on sale if I can help it
1.  I can’t believe I  made it to the end of this list!!!
0.   (to make up for the entries at 13 and 1) I have a cell phone.  It dials numbers and receives calls.  It does not have games, or a camera or even downloadable ring-tones.  It doesn’t have text capability.  It’s a phone, not an internet surfing, networking, photo taking, iPod, keyboard in my pocket!

Wow, I'm done, and if you made it all the way through - hurray for you!! And to reward you here is a picture of my dream puppies from 15.



1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of chocolate (gasp!) and I loathe grocery shopping. I wish I was rich so I could pay someone to do it for me. ;p

    ReplyDelete