Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1.  I'm happy the holidays are over and I can start to return to my semi-normal life... Only semi-normal as I'm still only working 3 hours a day.  Holidays are wonderful, but it's time for me to get back in the ol' routine.

2.  I'm off to Toronto again January 28th for a EMG nerve study. It's a day trip.  Appointment is mid morning which allows us to fly down on the morning flight and home in the evening.  Easier on the pocketbook.

3.  I was at my GP today.  He thinks my dizzy spells might be POTS - Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome.  Just what I need, another diagnosis...  Have to check with the neurologist I'm seeing in TO.

4.  It's finally winter weather here.  -20C / -4F is normal. And fine by me.  The rain and +4C / 37F last week was not welcome.  Neither was the flash-freeze that night.  Or the 1/2 inch of ice on the truck windows... I needed the hair dryer to melt it down.

5.  My hubby bought me the best Boxing Day present - a seat warmer for my truck.  Loving it when it's -20C!

6.  My mum's birthday is this Saturday.  I cannot believe my mummy is going to be ## !!  Ordered a cake today so we can have a little celebration!  

7.  I have no New Year's resolutions.  I've never made them and I'm not starting now.  I make changes in my life and lifestyle all the time.  Why do I need to make that decision just because it's January 1st?  Being healthy and eating right are part of who I am.  I don't smoke, drink, do extra-curricular drugs, etc.  There's nothing to give up except chocolate, and those of you who know me that will NEVER happen.  The 5 boxes of chocolates in the freezer and 4 in the closet are evidence of that!

8.  I'm struggling at work to do a full day's work in 3 hours... I'm hoping I can convince my physiotherapist to increase to 4 hours next week.  With a couple big hearings and deals closing next week I'm ready to pull my hair out.

9.  I hate having short hair.  I know, I'm abnormal.  I miss pulling it back into a pony tail.  I miss being able to throw on a hat and not having to re-style it when I take it off.   This short hair is a nuisance. It's easier to wash, but requires goop and hair spray and styling tools which I'm all thumbs with...  Can't wait until it grows out some more!

10.  I've been trying to save one of my fish for over a week.  He has swim bladder.  I tried the suggestion on the internet - starve him for 3 days, then feed mashed peas for 3 days.  He's been through it all and still swims upside-down and lies on the bottom of the tank.  I think he may meet the porcelain gods soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment