Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Well, the plane will be anyways! I'm destined for the largest city in Canada!  

I used to love Toronto and thought I would move there after university, get a job, etc.  Then during my last year at school I went to TO for New Years... Spent a week looking into jobs with hours of  travel time, cock roach infested apartments, and how hectic the lifestyle was compared to my little city of 110,000 people.  I decided after a few days to get back on the bus and come home (that's an 18 hour drive straight, but in the winter, more like 24!) I even had a theme-song for the trip - Spirit of the West's Home for a Rest... there's a line in it "I've been drunk for 3 days, been drunk since I left, gotta go home, home for a rest!"  (Remember, it was New Year's)  And since then, I've been there a couple of times - for work, travelling through to see my best friend last summer, and doctor's appointments.  I'm not a fan of the big city.  Big, no, HUGE metropolis where people aren't polite like here.  They don't say thank-you when you open a door or thank their server at Tim Hortons.  It's terrible.  I felt so out of place the last couple times I was there.  I'll be happy that I'm not out wandering around doing the tourist stuff.  I'll be snug in ICU and the neuro ward!!  The hubby will be left to his own devices when he's not visiting me...  I've printed off a few maps from google.

There's not much to say right now.  I think I'm blogging to keep my mind busy while I wait for 3pm and my mum to pick us up for the airport.  My house is relatively clean, laundry is done, bed is changed etc.  Not much to do but watch world cup soccer on tv anything but soccer on tv.  Oh wait, it's Sunday... I get soccer on channel 2 and church or fishing on channel 4.  Time for a DVD methinks!  (no, we don't have cable or satellite.  Not worth it for the amount of tv we watch.)  I suppose I should do the few dishes up as well...  Blah.  I dislike washing dishes, but there's not enough to fill 1/4 of the dishwasher right now.

I guess I'll go and accomplish something before the flight.  The last load of towels will be ready for the dryer anytime.  (sorry environmentalists, I don't have a clothes line - yet)  And I'll go check out the FB groups before we head out.

Thanks to everyone for all your prayers and healing thoughts.  I know that I will come out of this just fine in the end, but getting there will be the challenge.

Take care, catch you all on the zipped side!

1 comment:

  1. Hope everything goes well! I'll be thinking of you tmr and not so patiently waiting for an update!

    ReplyDelete