Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Buh-bye ol' laptop

Our laptop entered it's last stage of life on Friday and by Sunday afternoon Thomas confirmed its demise.  So I am computerless at home and I cannot blog from my iPod.  I haven't been able to get this site to allow me to mobile blog yet - not enough time to research it. 

So if I'm missing for a while longer, you at least know why.

In other news - I've spent nearly every day at the hospital since April 24th - not for me for a change, but sadly for my dear grandma.  She has artificial heart valves and is battling a major bacterial infection right now.  It is very difficult to see her so ill again.  I go up daily (well, I missed 1 Sunday) and help or just sit with her and my papa.  Grandma just turned 83 and with all the heart trouble she has had I am truly blessed to still have her in my life.

I am also impatiently awaiting for Dr. Gentili to call some time this week with my surgery date for May.   I don't know why they call us patients - I'm not patient anymore! I've had a couple weeks of headaches off and on, bad enough to resort to trying Maxalt because I can't take Torodol while I'm at work. Grrr.... and the headaches are becoming more frequent again.  So much for my 36 day stretch of glory where I didn't need anything stronger than Advil.  Boo! Oh well, I knew it wouldn't last forever.  Just hope Dr. Gentili's office calls soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until then, I'll be divided between grandma's hospital room, work and my dark bedroom with my ice packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment