Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to All!

It's Christmas day!!  It was a wonderful day.  It was a quiet day, relatively speaking.  We were greeted with about 12cm of snow on Christmas Eve, so hubby worked late and then went in from 2 am to 3 pm, and with more snow today, he's back in at 2 am tomorrow morning.  It's the first time I've ever spent the majority of Christmas day by myself.  I accomplished a fair bit - 4 loads of laundry, dishes, I baked meringue cookies and cleaned the bathroom.  Hubby stopped home once around 10 am to pick up some coffee and a bagel.  Being Christmas the only thing open is Mac's corner stores.

Hubby was home around 3:30 and we opened our presents to each other.  I got him a shop vac, at his request, 2 DVDs, some chocolate truffels and his Stitch ornament that I actually picked up in Toronto last month.  He got me cookie cooling racks - beautiful ones!!, two pair of flannel jammies - my request, an electric can opener - another request, CSI season 8, my favorite Lindor mint chocolates and White Christmas on DVD. 

We went to dinner at hubby's mom's - our first year without dad.  I teared up a bit, but held my composure until we came home.  We both got spoiled rotten by our family, yet again.  I have enough gift cards for a shopping spree at the mall with my dear sister in law Jenn.  Plus a fantastic new "parts sorter" in which I can put all of my beads.  Hurray!!!  (I still am not quite done sorting them !!)

So I'm snuggled on the couch with my blanket, my ice pack, and White Christmas on the TV.  Hubby is asleep.  It's another busy day with dinner at my grandparent's tomorrow.  I'm making a small ham and mashed potatoes.  I love being together with my families on Christmas, or anytime for that matter.


No comments:

Post a Comment