Sunday, December 6, 2009

Snow, craft show and beads!

We had our first snowfall on Tuesday.  I didn't test out how my neck and head would feel shoveling - hubby had the driveway done before I got home.  It was nice to see the snow.  It's been so grey and dreary, the white at least brightens things up!

It was a busy week.  I was called to teach at the pool on Tuesday as well as my regular Thursday class.  Only 1 week left until Christmas break.  My last class will be the 10th.  I'm sad to say good-bye to teaching, but I know I can't continue to teach and end up with 4 day long headaches because of it.

I took Friday off work as Friday and Saturday were the annual craft show at West Thunder Community Centre and I have had a table there for the last 4 years. Thought it was 5, but I remembered now that it was 5 years ago I started at 55 Plus.  I didn't do the 55 Plus show this year.  Here's a pic of my table this year.

So today was getting back to normal.  Just before I went to gentle Yin yoga this morning I started to find the kitchen table which has been buried beneath boxes of beads, wire, pliers, ribbon and glue for over a month.  On one of my trips downstairs with a load of stuff my bead box was balanced on top of the pile.  It's an old bead box - I know my mum gave it to me when she stopped beading and I remember it from very early in my childhood.  It has 12 drawers with up to 3 dividers in each.  12 drawers that don't latch shut. Each drawer is about 3" x 8" x 1.5" deep.  12 free sliding drawers hold a lot of beads.  10's of 1,000's you might say...  And you would know it hold's 10's of 1,000's of beads when you drop your bead box in the spare room in the basement, upside-down and all but 2 drawers fall out.  I let out a  loud ARGH!!!  and hubby asked what was wrong.  I told him I dropped the bead box.  He had to come look.  I should have taken a picture, but didn't.  I grabbed the dust pan and a broom and started rolling everything together.  I had a few minutes to shoveled the some of beads into a shoe box.  I had to leave it to go off to yoga.  And here is the box after I finished finding as many as I could...

The vacuum found most of the rest, and I'm sure there will be more underfoot when we move the Christmas totes out next week.  Guess who will be sorting beads into Ziploc bags instead of her bead box....

Hubby is nearly done the casing and baseboard in the spare room upstairs so we can move the furniture back in and set up the Christmas tree in the front hall.  I have tomorrow off work so I hope to get either peanut butter squares or nanaimo bars made at the least, and the rest of the kitchen tidied up.  Plus I have massage therapy at 3:00.

I also saw my family dr. this week to send a pre-approval form to OHIP to hopefully cover the cost of surgery at Wisconsin Chiari Center.  Hopefully he sends it out soon and I hear from OHIP before Christmas holidays. Cross your fingers, your toes, even your eyes!!!  I'm only $98,475 away from the $10k!

And, get this, I have only had 1 headache in the past 12 days!!!! Hurray!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment