Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm not ready. Are you?

I'm trying, really I am, but I'm not succeeding very well in getting ready for Christmas this year.  I've made 1 pan of Nanaimo bars and some peanut butter krispie squares (marshmallow free).  I still have plans for butter tarts, a Nanaimo for my grandparents, ginger cookies - because what's Christmas without ginger cookies! and shortbread.  I also bought almonds to make biscotti, but I think those will just have to wait until the New Year.

The tree is up and it has lights, thanks to the help of my husband. I went through 1 tote of the 3 full of decorations so far.  It's taking me 4 days to decorate a 5' tree; I don't care.  I'm minimizing the decorating this year.  Just don't have all of it in me.   Oh, and I hung the lighted tree and candy cane in the window - 1 whole suction cup each!

The good news is I am done shopping.  Unless we run out of milk, I don't have to set foot in a retail or grocery store until after the holiday.  I even wrapped hubby's big present on Tuesday.  I kinda had to, I couldn't hide it anywhere!  I put it downstairs under a blanket while we had dinner that night and then quickly wrapped it to prevent someone from peeking.

Dinners.  Plural.  Could have been 3, but 2 conflicted.  Christmas day will be at my mother-in-law's; it's our first Christmas without dad and it's already hard.  I hope for a good day.  I'm responsible for dessert - so Death by Chocolate it is.  It's a favorite.  And no one has ever noticed I make it with soy milk!!  Ha haha!! What they don't know won't hurt them.  Dinner #2 is Boxing Day with my family at my grandparents.  This year I get to do a small ham and potatoes.  And my mum has sent an email to the family that the men get to do dishes... we'll see how that one works out.  Oh well, I don't mind dishes as long as I have rubber gloves on.

We went to my staff party last Friday - it was very good.  The food, the conversations, the skit put on by one of the partners and some of the staff - it was all good.  I didn't drink, well I don't drink much anyways, but I felt like I had the most miserable hang over on Saturday.  I think it was just being out, late, and not being accustomed  to it.  My head pounded all weekend.  Saturday night I ended up taking Tramacet before bed.  Then I didn't sleep well.  That drug does wierd stuff to me.  I feel like my arms and legs won't move.  It's very disconcerting.  Sunday was not much better.  I had to basically just sit on the couch with an ice pack behind my head until after lunch.  I couldn't move.  I went downstairs to do laundry and I thought I'd never make it back upstairs.  The rest of the week was a little better, no major headaches, but lots of pressure.

And on a good note, my doctor finally completed the OHIP pre-approval forms and they have been sent off to see if I can get coverage to travel to WCC for an assessment at least if not the surgery.  I should hear after Christmas.  Keep your fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment