Pages

Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!!

I'm so tired of writing for my work hardening that I can't come up with any ideas for my blog.  Yep.  Writing up to 8 times a day can really throw writer's block at you.

So here's where I stand.  Waiting to see the orthopaedic surgeon on November 30th.  At that appointment she will have my neck and head MRI results to see if we can figure out why my shoulder feels like someone has a flame-throwing pointed at it right now. And why my fingers on my right hand only work when they feel like it.  The rest of the time they feel like wood.  

I persevere with work hardening up to four hours of the day now.  Typing, writing, pushing and pulling drawers, screwing nuts on bolts, squeezing the life out of my squeezy thing - a motorcycle, and my stretches.  I'm tired.  I'm sore.  And I'm pushing through.


In other exciting news Disney is coming out with a new princess movie!! Tangled will be out November 24, 2010, and introduces Rapunzel to the little girls of the world.  Quite by coincidence my Halloween costume is Rapunzel!! And I got quite a few comments from little girls last night as I handed out treats!  Next year I'll be right in fashion!

We had a great Halloween this year.  The weather was mild and dry with little wind!!  I remember years with snow storms and tugging my costume over my snow suit.  We had 65 kiddies stop by, which I thought was lots for a Sunday night. I ran out of candy and turned off the lights about 8:15.  Not bad.  Our first treaters were here around 5:30, just as I lit the pumpkins and candles.



No, I'm not as talented as the fellow who carved the pumpkin in my last post, but here are my pumpkins all the same...  And I cheat.  I put these guys away every year and take them out next fall.  They're foam!  One of the best craft inventions ever!  One of the girls that came by asked if I painted the pumpkins white!! She hadn't seen a white pumpkin before.  I had to softly tell her that they are foam.  And then she laughed.  But yes folks, there are white pumpkins!



1 comment:

  1. I am all for fake carved pumpkins! That is one skill I do not have! Lol!

    ReplyDelete